I finally got a minute to write some of all that has happened. This is the first time we have sat down during the day with downtime. I’m typing this in our training room as we wait for our ride to arrive. We only have internet we are at the office, so I’m saving this to post later when I am able.
I don’t even know where to start. The trip was good and uneventful. I met some very nice folks but our conversation was limited as I spoke neither Korean nor whatever language is spoken in Indonesia. The layover in Korea was interesting. Our flight got in at 5:00 am so the airport was virtually deserted and the ticket counters weren’t even open. I had some struggles with the international calling card that but was able to call home using some Korean money that was change for a coffee I bought. The Bangkok airport layover was also fine: a lot of walking, sitting, and waiting.
When I arrived in Chiang Mai, after I claimed my bags, I walked out to find a large group of people (who I know had to be the other teachers because most of them were foreign (white). All the other teachers had come with my boss to pick me up. They brought me home, gave me the tour and dinner.
That night was pretty uneventful although I did learn that my air con (air conditioner) doesn't work. We only have it in our bedrooms anyway though. Also, the shower and the rest of the bathroom are not separated so when you take a shower the toilet gets all wet. I'll try to post more soon, we only have a little bit of time on the internet and I have to spend most of it preparing for my class. I try to write more interesting things next time because a lot has happened.
I'm glad you made it safely. I've been thinking of you.
ReplyDelete