As many of you know I have finished my time at the School of Promise in Thailand. I am now back in the States looking at life on this side of the world again. I'm excited for this new chapter in life and for the lessons the Lord is teaching me here. I appreciate your reading about my life in Thailand, and I invite you to join me in this part of my life as well.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Our Day in Pictures

We got an early start this morning, ate a delicious breakfast at our guesthouse, and picked up my roommate Amy from our house. Our agenda for the day included: the temple on Doi Suthep, Phu Phing Palace, and Doi Pui. After a bit of a confused start (I couldn't remember which road to turn on) we started our "trek" up the mountain. Hundreds of windy curves and several ginger pills later we arrived at the temple on Doi Suthep. After climbing several flights of stairs mom was not happy when I informed her that we were almost to the actual stairs. We counted about 305 steps. After Doi Suthep we traveled even farther up the mountain to the Phu Phing Palace. The palace was not how I imagined it would be (I think I expected it to look more like a temple).
My favorite part of the visit was the beautiful roses. After the palace we traveled down a pretty rough road to a Hmung Village. I was surprised that the first building I saw was a school. Maybe we'll move there next. :) On our way back down the mountain we decided to stop and walk to a nearby waterfall. The waterfall had a trail that went up about 1,900 meters to the top. We only went to the second level but had a great time wading in the water. We ate some "farang" (foreigner) food at a restaurant called the Queen Victoria. The day ended on a great note with Dad setting up Internet at our house. We are so spoiled. Here are some pictures from the day...

Mon Tha Than Waterfall (one part of it)


Wading in the water.






Dad, Mom and I in the palace garden.



Just some of the roses from the palace garden.

A little pond right in front of the palace.



The Phu Phing Palace.



Amy with a beautiful flower on the palace grounds.

Mom with the "Mom" dragon statue at the Doi Suthep temple.


Dad about half-way up the stairs to the temple.


This is actually a picture from one of the temples we visited several days ago. This is one of the oldest temples in Chiang Mai.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...