As many of you know I have finished my time at the School of Promise in Thailand. I am now back in the States looking at life on this side of the world again. I'm excited for this new chapter in life and for the lessons the Lord is teaching me here. I appreciate your reading about my life in Thailand, and I invite you to join me in this part of my life as well.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Are You a "Chris?"

As I have written before, after teaching classes at our government school Amy and I eat lunch with the teachers and principal. We usually spend at least an hour talking and eating. Which is a very important part of outreach in Thailand as Thais are very relational people who will not listen to those they do not know and trust. Well, this last week we had an answer to prayer. During one of our normal conversations with the principal and a visitor from the District Education Office, they asked if our organization (Hope International Schools) was a "chris." Well, we should have caught on but didn't until they said "Buddha" ... "Chris." It was at that point when we realized that they were asking if our organization was Christian. This question launched us into a conversation about whether we were Christians and the difference between Catholic and Protestant beliefs. When the principal held up his hands making a cross symbol and asking, "Array?" Amy and I were able to share with him about what the cross was and why Jesus died. I'm not sure how much he understood but I am so thankful we had the chance to open the topic. Both men had a lot of questions which is a pretty big answer to prayer. Please pray that we will be able to continue the relationship when we return to Thailand and that both men but especially the principal would recognize their need for Christ and truly seek for answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...