It's been awhile since I've posted anything, I've been working on a few posts that just are not ready for public consumption yet. In the meantime, I thought I'd show you some pictures of what my students have been up to recently and share a couple stories about what has been going on in our 1st Grade Classroom.
Science...an excuse to play in mud...right? Well, we were learning but there was a little bit of playing involved. What's it worth being a kid if you can't get a little messy?
Story of the Day: Every morning when we troop in from assembly where my sweet students sing the national anthem extremely loudly and often off key we start the day with milk box in hand. We always pray the same little prayer and the students pray it with me. Today as we finished with, "...And thank you for each other." My little boy looks at me and says, while doing the motions, "head and shoulders?" As if asking if that is what we were saying. Oddly enough it did kinda sound the same as "each other."While I think it is a wonderful thing to thank God for our heads and shoulders I explained to the class that we were saying thank you for everyone in our room. I proceeded to say "Thank you God for _______" inserting every one's names. After I had finished one of my little girls blurted out, "Thank you God, Miss Emily!" It made my heart smile.
Today I had my "counselling" class, a required Thai government class which I teach more like Sunday School. We talked about how God loves us when we are good or bad, a point which was a little bit hard to get across. Today in a mix of English and Thai with some help from my class we got the point across that God loves us very much no matter what we do. The one who actually most clearly understood and said correctly in Thai was one of my little girls who comes from a Buddhist background. I never cease to be amazed with how God works.
I wanted to share this picture of my class taken just after we made our beautiful "God Loves Me!" necklaces. The looks on their faces in this picture are good snapshots of their personalities. I'd like to say that my sole male student is doing our Bible verse hand motion for Jesus Christ but I'm pretty sure he's just karate chopping something. I wouldn't have it any other way. Please continue to pray for understanding for the kids as we are really trying to intentionally and clearly share the Gospel with them.
So, as the middle of the term draws near, the numbers of mosquitoes increase, and the heat actually subsides a bit we keep on keeping on. I continue learning how to love others, teach my students, and seek after God each day.

They are so cute! I love to see them and hear about them! Love you!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Love you too! Hopefully you'll get to see them in person soon!
ReplyDelete