About fifteen days ago I counted down the hours until my friend Dani was to arrive at Chiang Mai International Airport. I was super excited for her visit and had a really great time while she was here! This is the friend who when I was about nine invited me to a "ball" at
my house, the start of a fantastic friendship which has been a huge blessing to me for the last fourteen years. This is the friend who has understood, encouraged, and laughed with me during some good times and bad. In our younger days, we would get a Wal-mart cake and just eat it off the platter with our two forks. We would play dress-up and run around the forest barefoot in winter pretending to be orphans. We took road trips together, travelled to Europe together, and spent countless holidays together. Now we are all grown up, she is married, and we live on different continents but she is the type of friend that when we get together things are just the same as they were when we were young. The twelve days she spent here created so many new memories. I'll always remember when we...
Travelled to Holland...well the Holland in the Royal Flora anyway

Took a bazillion pictures at the Huai Nam Dang National Forest

Sipped lattes at Coffee in Love

Spent the morning in Chinatown...in Thailand

Took a short road trip with Khruu Ooy including a stop at the WWII Memorial Bridge

Shared some of my favorite foods

Drank chocolate milk at one of the four auto mechanic shops we spent time at

Climbed up the waterfall and weren't sure how to get down

Visited temples

Consumed several Starbucks beverages (thanks for that!)

Rode that elephant
Spent time with my roommates
Allowed fish to eat our feet

Braved flying through the jungle on zip lines

Shopped at Walking Street

Thank you for visiting friend! I had a wonderful time, I'm thankful for the laughs, the conversations, and the memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment