As many of you know I have finished my time at the School of Promise in Thailand. I am now back in the States looking at life on this side of the world again. I'm excited for this new chapter in life and for the lessons the Lord is teaching me here. I appreciate your reading about my life in Thailand, and I invite you to join me in this part of my life as well.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Introducing...

Teaching summer school has been challenging and tiring yet so good. Let me tell you why. 1) There's Ahm...shows up at school around maybe 7:00 am (an hour and a half before school starts)... about ten to twenty minutes before we get there. I wonder how he gets through the fence and why his guardians don't care that the eight year old child wanders around a empty school early in the morning. I think he has long taken care of himself and decided when he would go where. 2) Then there's Tham...the kid who understand and finishes his work in about one minute. He's fun to talk to because it is easier to see his personality because he understands and is able to respond. He and our class clown Dhun became monks today for about one month to "make merit as usual." They are happy to be doing this for their families. 3) There's the third grade boy First who looks about three years old because he is soooo small. He is smart and animated and is quite vocal when he figures things out. "OHHhhhh!" 4) There's Bim who when he wants to earn a point can be perfect and about any other time prefers to sit with his legs tucked up on his chair and his hands drumming on his table. He's the boy with a bruise on his face and the tendency to throw punches yet who is about as sweet as they come. 5) There's Bami who "Is only five years old" as she likes to tell us when something is hard for her. She likes to have her big sister write her answers for her when I'm not looking. 6) There's Namtaan ("Sugar") who is super quiet and hardly ever says a word. 7) There's Oh Chawng who is just like his big brother quiet, diligent, and smart. 8) There's the five girls who get picked-up up and all try for about fifteen minutes to arrange themselves on one motorcycle. 9) There's Mai who comes and sits by me and chatters. As I'm cutting out a pile of game cards she picks up every piece of paper and runs to throw it in the trash can for me. Such a sweet heart. These are only a handful of the kids that have wiggled into my heart in the past two weeks, funny how they have such a way of doing that, isn't it?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...