As many of you know I have finished my time at the School of Promise in Thailand. I am now back in the States looking at life on this side of the world again. I'm excited for this new chapter in life and for the lessons the Lord is teaching me here. I appreciate your reading about my life in Thailand, and I invite you to join me in this part of my life as well.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Best (Weirdest) Halloween Ever!

For Halloween our new friend Kyndell suggested that we carve pumpkins. We thought that was a terrific idea and decided we would go to a market, buy some pumpkins, and take them home and carve them. At the market we decided that since there are not really any "normal" pumpkins in Thailand we would get an assortment of fruits and vegetables to carve. We came home with a bell pepper, watermelon, squash, pumpkin, and Thai cucumber. These are our finished creations!
In the process of gutting the "pumpkins."

Spooky...


The watermelon (the mom of the group)




(Thai cucumber, the grandma) Yeah, we didn't think it looked like a cucumber either.

At the end of the night as we sat around by the light of the "pumpkins" eating pumpkin seeds (from the only one that actually was a pumpkin) I had a strong "I'm home" feeling. The feeling of being thankful that, even though being in Thailand will never be as good as being in the States, it still can feel like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...