As many of you know I have finished my time at the School of Promise in Thailand. I am now back in the States looking at life on this side of the world again. I'm excited for this new chapter in life and for the lessons the Lord is teaching me here. I appreciate your reading about my life in Thailand, and I invite you to join me in this part of my life as well.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Snapshots from our Life



Our co-teacher told us about this Ice Cream Buffet near our church. He was surprised we had never been there considering how much we like ice cream. So today for lunch (yes for lunch) Amy, Sarah, and I went and had all we could eat ice cream with toppings (sauces, cookies, sprinkles, cereal, etc.) for 50 baht (about a $1.50).







We had dinner at a friend's (from the States) house. She made delicious taco salad with things we don't get to eat very much like sour cream, cheese, salsa, etc.



Sarah, Amy, and I at a Thai restaurant on the water when Misty's mom was in town. We got to feed the fishes (not the ones we ate though).

Brittany, Amy, I drinking our coffee from a bag. While at the school one day over vacation (just the three of us were working) we decided to build some community relationships. We walked up and down the road using our broken Thai to ask for iced coffee. At the very end of the road we were successful. Brittany and I didn't drink ours very fast so we ended up putting the bags of coffee into an upside-down toilet paper holder so that we didn't have to hold them. Very ingenius if you ask me.

This is the pagoda dedicated to the Queen that is at the top of Doi Inthanon, the highest spot in Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...