The following is written by Holley Gerth, however I felt she beautifully captured something I feel so often.
"It's funny how the biggest, bravest steps in our lives often happen quietly...
When we decide that God's silent whisper is somehow louder than the sound of our heart about to beat out of our chest.When we longingly look back at our comfort zone and say, "I'm going to miss you." When we cross the ocean and burn the ships and we don't yet know what we may find.
When we decide that God's silent whisper is somehow louder than the sound of our heart about to beat out of our chest.When we longingly look back at our comfort zone and say, "I'm going to miss you." When we cross the ocean and burn the ships and we don't yet know what we may find.
Everyone talks about when the Israelites crossed the Red Sea. But that's not the only time God parted the waters for them. On the edge of the Promised Land, they came to the Jordan river. When the priests stepped into the water then it parted. It always takes a step of faith to get to the Promised Land. Always. And if you wait until you're unafraid, you'll never cross.
Go for your Promised Land, friend.
Let nothing hold you back.
Put your feet into that water and feel the dry ground of God's goodness.
You can do this with Him-one step at a time.
"With God all things are possible.""
Let nothing hold you back.
Put your feet into that water and feel the dry ground of God's goodness.
You can do this with Him-one step at a time.
"With God all things are possible.""
I can't tell you how many times my heart has beat this way, so afraid, but I knew whatever He was asking me to do He was going to be with me through it. Most of the time, there was no one else there. We have to make that choice on our own not always knowing what we are going to find. But I can say, even in the hard and challenging times, that He is good. So often we are captivated by fear, we are held back by thoughts of failure. I happen to think that this is one huge way where Satan renders us ineffective. I've spoken with people who heard God's whisper and yet were too afraid to step out. Too afraid to take Him at His word. I'll tell you, at times it is scary, but it has always been worth it. He has never failed me. Not once. He will accomplish His purpose, He will be glorified. Believe Him...and in the midst of fear...walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment