Standing at the end of one year and gazing into the next is always a new and exciting time. Somehow it feels like we get a fresh start...at the people we want to be, at the things we want to be our habits, at the possibility of making life go as we think it should.
As we start this new year I've been reminded again of the obvious truth of what Jesus accomplished on the cross. I confess that sometimes I have the mentality that God loves me according to what I do, how good I am, how well I follow Him, what I sacrifice. I have been convicted yet again of how arrogant and how wrong that line of thinking truly is. Standing on the threshold of a new year I'm thankful that the Lord loves me in spite of the fact that I am not who I want to be, that many of the good habits I would like to claim I cannot, and that I cannot control circumstances in my life. I'm so humbled and grateful that He has taken me as I was, as I am, and as I will be. His love doesn't waver based on my goodness, it is grounded in His everlasting and perfect goodness. He has justified me and called me righteous in His eyes...I could never earn that...never in a million years. As the years go by He slowly teaches me how to walk like my Savior. What a gift, knowing that every day of 2011, come what may, His love will be just as strong every single moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment