As many of you know I have finished my time at the School of Promise in Thailand. I am now back in the States looking at life on this side of the world again. I'm excited for this new chapter in life and for the lessons the Lord is teaching me here. I appreciate your reading about my life in Thailand, and I invite you to join me in this part of my life as well.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thai Food

Sorry for all the posts today. We have spent the entire day at our friend's house using their internet off and on. We don't have internet very often so whenever we do we try to do as much as we can.
Thai food certainly is interesting. Most things are pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of the super spicy things or the curry. The first few days here we ate at the preschool (where all the food for both schools is cooked). The food was delcious. We eat a lot of rice (sticky rice, fried rice, white rice, brown rice, rice patties, rice noodles, and my favorite sticky rice with mango which is like a dessert). Typically you get the rice or noodles, add a little meat, add some sauce or soup over the rice, put peanuts or vegetables on top. Cucumbers are served with every meal (I have to admit I'm getting a little tired of cucumbers). Once we went to observe at a public school and they were very gracious and served us lunch. They were very pleasant and hospitable. They served rice, chicken, and soup (very typical) with cucumbers of course and the very delicious blood. It was either chicken or pigs blood and they make it into a type of gelatin thing. We politely declined. As we sat down there were flies crawling all over the food. My friend/housemate Misty just looked at me and said we just have to have faith. So we gladly ate the food and "had faith" that we wouldn't get sick. (We didn't get sick by the way) It is still a funny memory. We there is much more to say but we are about to head home for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...